Customers making a qualifying purchase are eligible to pick one introductory course valued at $29.95 using the coupon given to them at the time of purchase.
Qualifying purchases are:
– Any new DSLR camera
– Any mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera purchase over $500
We will do our best to provide introductory classes on a regular basis but the schedule will be dictated by popularity and attendance as well as instructor availability. These classes are first come first served and there is no guarantee that there will be an open slot available for a specific class on the date and time you wish to attend.
The free class offer is good for one attendee per qualifying purchase and subject to availability. The free class with purchase program is subject to change without notice and all classes listed may not always be available at all stores. Check out our classes and events page for class dates, times and availability at www.SamysPhotoSchool.com. Use the locations list to search for a class at a specific Samy’s Camera Location.
For help with redeeming your coupon, please watch this video or read the instructions below.
Once you receive your code, follow the steps below to redeem:
- You are eligible to pick any introductory course (valued at $29.95) from our course listing at www.SamysPhotoSchool.com. View or select the course by clicking on the course title or the orange Attend button.
(suggestions on which course to pick is located in the FAQ section below)
- Click the “Enter Promotional Code” link in the Ticket Information area of your selected course.
- Enter the code, then click Apply. If the code is entered correctly, an additional Free with Purchase Ticket option will appear.
- Select your Quantity (Quantity is limited to 1 seat.) If you are purchasing additional tickets add quantity to the regular price ticket.
- Proceed with your order by clicking the Register button
- Enter the required information and click the green button at the bottom of the screen to complete your order.
- Once your order is complete you will receive an email confirmation from Eventbrite with your ticket(s) and details about the course.
Frequently Asked Questions:
My code is not working.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if the code does not unlock the $0.00 Free with Purchase Ticket. (Note: the code will only work on courses valued at $29.95.)
You may also have an expired code. Email email@example.com for a new code.
I did not receive a code coupon.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, ticket number, and type of camera purchased. Once we have verified that your purchase has met the qualifications, we will send you a code. Those who received a code prior to 8/1/12, your code is still valid.
What is a DSLR camera?
DSLR stands for Digital Single-Lens Reflex. DSLR models typically offer interchangeable lenses, full manual controls, external flash units, and through-the-lens (TTL) viewfinders. They are usually large models and they closely resemble 35mm film cameras with handgrips and large lens housings.
What class should I take?
We usually recommend that beginner or new camera owners start by taking the introductory course that corresponds to their camera brand. These classes cover the menus and functions of your camera and are usually offered every month unless otherwise stated.
- Canon DSLR Cameras – Introduction to Canon DSLR with Mike Monezis or Canon Pro DSLR Introduction with Michael Nadler.
- Nikon DSLR Cameras – Introduction to Nikon DSLR or Pro Nikon DSLR with Paul Van Allen
- All other cameras – Understanding your Digital Camera with Art Ramirez